I meant to write about this awhile back but today is as good as any: I have been nominated for my second Liebster Award
Now for those of you who have recently tuned into Adventures of La Mari (or the blogging world, for that matter) the Liebster Award is a nice token of recognition to other bloggers out there. I will admit that I have found the rules to be a bit fluid (before it was for bloggers under 200 followers but it has since grown to bloggers under 1000). But I still find it a nice way for bloggers to reach out and recognize that we are not alone in this blog-o-sphere.
So I want to take a moment to thank Rodi (Rob and Diane), who are soon to be fellow expats, for nominating me.
So in order to accept my prize, I must do the following:
1. Thank your nominator and post a link to his/her blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions provided by the nominator.
4. List 11 random facts about myself
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated.
6. Make up and post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
7. Post these rules on your blog.
So I have thanked my lovely nominator for this nomination and now I shall begin with answer their (doozy) of questions:
1. What world event influenced your life the most?
The broadcast of Sailor Moon Crystal. Laugh all you want but the original 90s Anime has been a huuuuuuuge influence on me in terms of writing. The fact that after 25 years they came back (with the same voice actress for Usagi!) and made the story even better (by sticking closer to the Manga) has been a high for me in terms of nostalgia because it reminded me of how much I loved that story and how much I love the stories influenced by it.
2. What is your favorite cartoon character or animated TV figure?
I was going to say Rogue from the X-Men 90s cartoon (cause she is so badass!) but also after talking about Sailor Moon, I have to give props to my favorite Senshi – Sailor Jupiter
3. Would you cry or cheer if the internet disappeared forever thanks to some crazed cyber criminal?
I would only cry for losing the internet because it is the quick and easy way to communicate with family (either via Whatsapp or Magic Jack). Otherwise, I would rather read a good book over obsessively pouring over photos of adorable pug puppies…no matter how fucking adorable!!!!
4. What childhood teacher stand out the most and why?
Easy. Donna Cracraft. My Freshman and Junior English teacher from high school. She was a hardass but considering how terrible some kids write today (text speak on a term paper?! SRSLY!?), thanks to her I can navigate myself around decent writing.
5. If you could pick a universal form of government for all the earth besides democracy, what would it be and why?
Already have a plan in motion. My friend Wendy is to create a clone army of herself into order to conquer the world. Once she has been crowned Ruler of the Known World and her clones isolated in Antarctica, then I will be given Europe.
I am not making this up.
6. What do you consider the greatest comedy in the history of cinematography?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Because: Logic.
7. What quality do you envy in someone besides anyone in your immediate family?
Ambition to climb to corporate ladder. I envy that kind of drive but it isn’t a life I really see for myself. I really enjoy having a life outside of my job (because it allows me to enjoy my greater loves – T, books, Abner, books, tv, site seeing, family, books)
8. Do you like hockey and if not, why? Were you not born in Canada?
I actually enjoy hockey. I lived in Chicago when the Blackhawks decimated the competition and won the Stanley Cup. It was hard not to get swept up in the excitement.
9. What advice can you give the next new blogger that receives this award nomination?
Do it! It’s actually quite fun and you can learn just a tad bit more about yourself
10. Besides anything from work or your blog, what is your biggest accomplishment in life?
I have written two complete novels and have at least three more outlined…..someday these will be published.
11. Knowing what happens afterwards, if you could save one famous figure from being assassinated, who would it be and why?
Empress Elizabeth of Austria (Sissi). I wrote a whole blog post about her because she is badass and her assassination was needless and tragic.
Ok, so now for 11 random facts about myself
1. I truly believe one can live off of Paprika flavored Pringles and Cognac filled chocolate (by Lindt).
2. I also believe that Spicy Nacho Doritos with Trader’s Point Creamery spicy fromage can also be a legitimate meal
3. I also make terrible food choices…on occasion
4. I have a twin (kinda….more like really close friend who people somehow thought was my twin when I was twelve)
5. My twin and I spent an entire day with a VHS copy of the musical “Hair” and rewound it multiple times in order to learn the titular song. This happened when I was 13.
6. I sometimes wish that I wasn’t born so far behind my siblings (ten years between me and the next sister) so that I could feel closer to them and have a typical sibling relationship with them (but I am still happy to have missed the fighting and picking on each other, so at least I am still good friends with them)
7. I am sometimes grab Abner’s haunches and tell him he’s a fine piece of ass (I have also on occasion sang “I like big butts” to him)
8. I know I have already stated that I get terrible vertigo – but it can’t be reiterated enough
9. I may come off as an extrovert but sometimes I find being in public very exhausting. I am becoming more and more a homebody as I get older.
10. I make a total ass of myself on a regular basis just to make T smile.
11. I speak three languages and I am getting to the point where sometimes the wrong language comes out
So now I have unloaded some deep dark secrets, I will now give a list of blogs that I nominate for this prestigious award:
1. Girl with a Planner – This blog was created by a fellow Fellowship member who’s writing ranges from politics, to fashion, to memes to skin care. Also this girl has the face like a porcelain doll – you know you want to know her skin care secrets
2. Redesign the World – This up and coming blog is also by a dear friend of mine. She is an artist with a sewing needle but at the moment is sharing mouthwatering recipes as she experiments in the kitchen
3. Ruth’s Gleanings – Another Fellowship member who muses on life as well as her marriage to a soon to be preacherman.
4. Hardcovers and Heroines – I know she has well over the 1,000 followers and I feel like I have nominated her before but she is a blogger I enjoy receiving emails from. She is an aspiring writer who has amazing taste in books. I am also a huge fan of her Marry, Date, or Dump themes for the week
5. In the Garden of Eva – Another fellow writer who, I feel, is on the write track! (See what I did there?) Keep an eye on this one!
6. Starting Over in Stuttgart – A fellow expat (Brit) also living in Germany…..I think it’s only a matter of time before our paths cross 🙂
7. Oolong to Earl Grey….to Riesling – An Aussie expat also currently in Germany….I am not going to lie, I love tea and immediately fell in love with this title. I was hooked!
All right my lovelies, you have been nominated. So here are your eleven questions:
1. If you had to be an animal – which one and why?
2. What book influenced you the most?
3. Knowing what happens afterwards, if you could save one famous figure from being assassinated, who would it be and why?
4. Who has your fantasy life and why?
5. What is the one thing you would LOVE to tell the younger you?
6. If you were awarded a two-week, all expenses paid, trip to anywhere, where would you go? (We are assuming, of course, that this trip fits seamlessly in with your work, family, and other obligations.)
7. What kinds of activities do you like to do when you travel? Are you a museum person? A sit on the beach person? Someone who seeks out new activities to try?
8. If this one thing ceased to exist in the world, you would be very sad. What’s that thing?
9. If you had a magic wand and could make one type of junk food have redeeming nutritional qualities, what type of junk food would you pick?
10. Who is your favorite cartoon character or animated TV figure?
and finally 11. What world event influenced you the most?
Ok has the challenges been accepted? We will find out!
Good luck und bis Freitag!
4 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Is there actually a point at which someone is granted this “award,” or is it as much a social, “we’re all in this together, isn’t that great?” kind of thing?
So flattered by the nomination, dear. 🙂 You’re the best!