Today we are going to talk with Peggy Spencer, reviewer, YouTuber, and soon-to-be published author. This amazing woman is also a fellow member of Indie Author Central and an absolute darling!
1. When did you know writing was what you wanted to do?
I’d had this ambiguous idea that I wanted to write A book most of my life. It wasn’t until I asked myself why I was waiting, around November 2017, that I began to consider it doable. I spent most of 2018 writing, editing, and getting connected to the writing community online.
2. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I’m not sure this is a quirk, but I need music and LOUD. I can be found with headphones on, my ear will hate me when I’m older. The volume helps drown out my inner editor so I can write. I don’t need it so loud when I edit, of course. 😉
3. What is your work schedule like when you’re writing?
It’s flexible since I homeschool two children. But I aim for about 5 hours a day, broken up. I will also designate certain days for certain tasks.
4. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
Dreams, other books, my active imagination, even my children will have some ideas that I’ve ended up using something from.
5. What is your writing Kryptonite?
Being tired! And social media! I use apps to block access to my phone, or I use the timer. The timer works best!
6. As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?
I’ve been sorted into the Ravenclaw house, so the eagle. Or cats, totally 100% a cat lady. I own that title.
7. If you had the opportunity to live anywhere in the world for a year while writing a book that took place in that same setting, where would you choose?
Scotland! Hands down. I loved it when I visited there in 2005, and I’d love to take my family back to soak up the culture and the AGE of the location.
8. Do you feel like you’d be a better writer if you wore sparkly socks during your writing sessions?
Oh, possibly. Sparkles make everything better, ask my daughter.
9. What is the funniest typo you’ve ever written?
I can’t remember. So I’ve not done any remarkable, OR it was so bad I’ve blocked it from my memory for life.
10. How do you think being a writer has helped you as a person?
I’ve made routines for my family, that have helped them in many ways. I’m usually more ready to engage with my family because I’ve been doing something to fulfills me. (Even when it’s driving me insane!)
1. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
Hunter green, with sparkles. Because? Well, green is the BEST color, naturally. And why not sparkles? It would make the other colors smile.
2. What do you think about when you’re alone in your car?
Usually plot lines, characters or some other story that I have no idea if I’ll ever be able to write! Or sing. At the top of my lungs. To do lists.
3. What’s your favorite ’90s jam?
The 90s? The 80s are more my thing, but since you asked, The Sign, Ace of Base
4. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
Set it free, it’s not mine to keep or give away. 😉
5. On average, how many times a week do you hurt yourself trying to dance in the shower?
Well, I don’t dance in the shower, but I do a dance with the kids. And that’s EVERY time I do, I hurt myself somehow…usually my dignity. lol
6. Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?
100 horses, that would be easier to climb on a car or something, to get away from. lol
7. If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
U Can’t Touch This, MC Hammer hahahahahahahah!!!!!!
8. If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?
Carol Burnett, because she’s hilarious, and I laugh at myself a lot. I don’t know if I’m funny, but I’m having fun!
9. If you were to trade places someone else for one month, living or dead, famous or not, fictional or real, whom would you like that person to be?
Great question. One of the Concannon sisters from the Born In series by Nora Roberts. That would be fun, I think.
10. What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?
Ask my son where he got it from, and to take it back.
Go check out her YouTube channel and definitely give her a follow!
In the meantime, if you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook – you probably already know this. If you want a behind the scenes peek on my upcoming novel, The God Queen, then sign up for my newsletter! Just click the subscribe button below!